Oh, right. Once Lucas arrived it passed in the blink of an eye. My "newborn" is now over 7 months old! The boys and I live in a condo down the street from where our house is (still in the process of selling) and Dave has moved into an apartment closer to his work. That's not to say we didn't try living together for a while, because we did, but I finally met my bullshit threshold when I discovered yet another woman that he was (first) playing video games online with (then) talking on the phone in the middle of the night to her (and finally) flying her in for a job interview without telling me. All this while we were supposed to be making our "fresh start" in the new place together. Right.
Anyway.. fast forwarding through months of "stuff" here, and finally I'm ready to tell him that I'm gathering papers for the divorce. This was not a decision I reached easily (and God only knows what he thinks about divorcing vs not divorcing, because he never says a word either way), but once I found out that this girl is still living with him, it pretty much cemented the deal for me. I told him before that I didn't want to still be married if he was going to be "dating". He insists that they're not, but 15 years with the same person and you can see through their bullshit. He's a manipulator. He purposely witholds information so that you don't know what's going on unless you ask very specific questions. That way, you can't call him a liar.
I've asked him to come by tonight so we can talk about finances, but I'll also fill him in on the divorce paperwork and most importantly, how our oldest is handling (or rather, not handling) the whole situation. More on that later..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment